Tuesday 16 July 2013

Xbox One vs PS4 - My Opinions, Which I'll Be Getting and What It Means for YouTube!

Hi guys!

Mario here with a quick discussion about the next-gen consoles!

So, I'll probably be getting a next-gen console for Christmas, and I will buy a capture card (once I confirm the one I want is designed for next-gen), but I just wanted to point out some of the differences between the PS4 and Xbox One and what influenced me on my views.

So, I'll start with the PS4. This console was designed mostly around gaming, but has Netflix and stuff like that built into it. The company (Sony) are also trying to take some of the games that are only on the PC and transfer them onto this new console, such as PlanetSide 2 (I've been wanting that game for ages, but my computer's too bad to run it :P). I also believe that the current specs we know of are more based to give an outstanding gaming experience. It will have all the console-wide games on it as well (COD Ghosts, BF4 and ACIV).

The Xbox One is a cable box in my opinion. It is mostly designed to bring you the best possible TV experience, that also comes with gaming. To me, the Xbox One has gaming as a secondary feature, and all this new 'live TV' stuff has overtaken what the whole point of a GAMING console is all about. They don't seem to have many good Xbox-only games either. There's the console-wide games, but they're always good. I'm talking about the games that will only be available to Xbox One customers.

In case you can't tell, I'm going with the PS4 as it will provide me more gaming shtuff! I know there's a 'Share' button, but I wonder if it comes built-in with livestreaming! If it does, I might be livestreaming from my console to YouTube and Twitch (probably Twitch as it's more viewer-interactive). I'll also check if the console has YouTube uploading built-in. I won't use it, don't worry, I'm joking! I'll be getting a capture card (once I know it works with the PS4) and using that instead.

Anyways, what this means is more content! In the first 1-3 months of PS4's release, I'll be doing Ghosts and Battlefield 4 gameplay, as well as the usual Minecraft videos :D

-Mariobros980
Obsidian Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment