Thursday 25 April 2013

MEGA ANNOUNCEMENT: Obsidian Gaming Website, A Few Tweaks and More!

Hi guys!

Mario here with a MEGA ANNOUNCEMENT!!! :D

So, I realized that I was putting a lot of minigame and modding content on this site, but I intended this site to spotlight awesome servers and give YouTube updates. So, I thought about it, and I've decided to launch a new website:

OBSIDIAN GAMING

Obsidian Gaming will be a website where I post all of my Minecraft minigame, modding and texture packing (whatever you call it) updates. This site WILL STILL BE HERE, this will just contain Server Spotlights, YouTube Updates and all of the stuff it already had, just not with the minigame and modding content.

This will probably be released TOMORROW (April 26th), the day I promised for the Modern Craftfare Map Names! The names will now be posted on the Obsidian Gaming site, so check there, not here!


There's also a couple of tweaks and changes I'd like to talk about:

VIDEOS COMING SUPER-SOON!
I get my money in 5 DAYS TIME (finally, for the love of waffles). I will be buying the Black Ops 2 Camos and Uprising DLC, but I will finally buy the Screencast-o-Matic Premium for a year! This means commentaries, better-quality videos, a video every day, new series, Server Xperiences, longer videos, edited videos and a ton more! I'm also gonna do a bit of 'life saving' to try and get an awesomenaut computer, so faster video quality!

'HUB' PAGE ON OBSIDIAN COMMUNITY WEBSITES!
There will now be a page on every website entitled 'HUB'. Here, you can access all of the Obsidian websites, including Obsidian Gaming, The Minecraftia, Call of Duty with Mario and any other websites I have released! This means obsidi-hopping! :D

MODERN CRAFTFARE UPDATE!
When the website is released tomorrow, all of the first 12 Modern Craftfare Multiplayer maps and the 3 Zombies maps names will be released (not the actual maps). There has, however, been a massive change to the Multiplayer maps. I'm going to make this bigger, so that you can treat the map like a MC Call of Duty game. I'm adding EVERY MAP INTO ONE WORLD!! This means you can download one world, and all of the maps will be implemented on that world. The reason for this is that I can then add stuff like:

  • Leveling Systems - Experience and levels could be added, I would add it so you got 100 XP for every kill. Once you get enough XP (300 needed for Level 2, and it increases with every level up to 55), you will level up, which then leads to:
  • Unlockable Weapons - There's a system with Command Blocks I can use which allows me to test to see if the player has unlocked a certain weapon. If they haven't it will display what Level you need to be to unlock it. If you HAVE unlocked it, you can use it as normal.
  • Unlockable Scorestreaks - I can make it so Scorestreaks will only activate if you are a certain level, you'll start with the 3 lowest Scorestreaks and the Nuke (accessible always, a Scorestreak you must earn) and then you will unlock more.
  • PRESTIGING - Once you hit Level 55 and reach a set amount of XP, you can prestige! This resets your level back to Level 1 and you need to re-unlock every weapon and Scorestreak again. However, there are a few perks you can get. You will get an option of a few perks, which are not yet decided on.

The reason I changed this is because I wanted to implement the above features, but I couldn't if every map was seperate as you would be playing the same map a million times before you could prestige. I will release seperate versions with DLC maps (4 maps in 4 packs, 16 in total) at a later date.

-Mariobros980

Obsidian Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment