Saturday 13 April 2013

Modern Craftfare Update #2: Progress So Far!

Hi guys!

Mario here with an update on the Modern Craftfare project!

CAMPAIGN
Campaign has been barely started yet, and will probably be released a little after the Multiplayer and Zombies, but I have managed to work with one thing, and that's how unlocking stages works. Basically, at the end of each stage, you will be given a lever. You must place that lever on the Gold Block of the next level and then activate it. If you do not have a lever there, you will not be allowed into the level.

MULTIPLAYER
Multiplayer has been currently worked on the most, and I have finished most of the main redstone. There's a Killstreak system, a TDM total kill limit and 2 different teams which each have a color to represent them as well as Friendly Fire being off. If you're wondering how the Multiplayer will work, this is how:

  • On the launch day of Modern Craftfare (unannounced currently) 12 Mutliplayer maps and 3 Zombies maps will be released, alongside Campaign (if it's finished by then).
  • After that I will launch 4 map packs (don't be fooled by the name, they will all be free) which will each contain 3 new Multiplayer maps and a Zombies map. There will be at least a 1 month gap, and I will release the maps as soon as they are done.
  • With the FINAL map pack, there will still be 3 new Multiplayer maps and a Zombies map, but I will roll all of the Multiplayer maps into one map so that you can play them all on one map. This will be the final release of Modern Craftfare Multiplayer.

ZOMBIES
Finished the redstone for the Perk Machines, Doors and Wall Guns. I have yet to do the Mystery Box, the Pack-a-Punch and the Zombie spawning, but I already have the Zombie spawning figured out (it'll probably be zombies that spawn with a Leather Tunic and Resistance using MCEdit Spawners). The current perks that I have are:
  • Reviva-Cola (gives you Regeneration I, I'll probably do buffed and nerfed versions in future maps)
  • Juggernaut Juice (gives you Resistance I)
  • Speed Soda (gives you Swiftness I)
  • Hasty H2O (gives you Haste I, means you can spam-click more!)
  • Electric Espresso (gives your armor Thorns I, damages Zombies that touch you)
  • Strength Shake (gives you Strength I, you do more damage)
  • Fizzy Feather (gives you boots with Feather Falling IV, great for those maps with big heights)
  • Aqua (gives you a Respiration I, Aqua Affinity I Helmet, basically gives you a lot more skills underwater)
  • Flaming Cocktail (gives you Fire Resistance II potion effect, makes you take no fire damage)

Not all of the perks will be implemented in all of the maps, but some of them will come in useful for different maps, as I plan on having maps with different elements...

The first three maps will be general names for places (similar to Town and Farm from BO2 Zombies), and then you will start moving on to more complex and element-related maps (I already have 2 of the Zombies DLC maps planned...).

Anyways, that's it for now, I'll probably be posting a ton of these as I'm excited to see what I can do with redstone and the Modern Craftfare project!

-Mariobros980
Obsidian Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment