Saturday 6 April 2013

Project Modern Craftfare!

Hi guys!

Mario here with a brand new project I'll be working on!

This is called Modern Craftfare, which is basically an extra part to my MC Nazi Zombies project. I'm going to (hopefully) make three different gamemodes: Campaign (pretty much like an adventure map, with knives, guns and warfare), Multiplayer (taking a Call of Duty/FPS map and making it into Minecraft, which you can play with no plugins or mods) and Zombies (endless waves of zombies that you must kill to earn points, buy items and survive). Some of this I won't be able to post on the Minecraft Forum or Planet Minecraft, as the copyright is very intense, despite me not going to be copying much (taking a few Redstone tutorials from PixelPredators for the Zombies maps and a Command Block tutorial to show how 'testfor', 'teams' and 'objectives' work).

I won't be copying anyone's work, if I build an already-built map it will be built by me and I will also build small DLC maps until I get better at building, then I'll make some better maps. I'll explain below how each one works:

CAMPAIGN
Pretty simple: you run through several levels of a storyline, using different weapons and defeating enemies. There may be challenges you can complete, and you will have to do it in level order (e.g. you start at Level 1, you may not choose to start at Level 5 unless you have unlocked that stage).

MULTIPLAYER
Designed for either big parties of people or for use on Multiplayer Minecraft servers. There will be Command Blocks setting up teams and making it so friendly fire is off, each team member has a colored nametag etc. It will be designed for up to 12 players, with 6 v 6 games of Team Deathmatch or Domination (these will have to be seperate maps, I'm not so good at redstone that I can put both into one map). There will be a new page on the site entitled 'Modern Craftfare' where I will post the Multiplayer and Zombies maps. I will post any Campaign maps I do on Planet Minecraft, and then put a link for the page on this website.

ZOMBIES
This has got nothing to do with ZombieCraft. Zombies is a gamemode where zombies will endlessly spawn, and you must kill them in order to earn Points. Points are used as a currency and you can buy perks, guns, random weapons, an upgrade for your weapons and more! You may also have to find a power switch, or none of the Perk Machines or Pack-a-Punch machine will work!

This will be coming as soon as the second Black Ops 2 DLC (Uprising) is released, on April 16th (Note: it may be May 16th due to the fact that I have a PS3). I could begin work on the Campaign. I will make videos on my own channel (now called NeonZonkles, which is my favorite random word) showing progress that I make and more content, like MCPvP Hunger Games and some Dwarves v Zombies gameplay.

-Mariobros980
Obsidian Miner

P.S Commentary is coming VERY shortly, stay tuned on ObsidianMiners' channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment