Thursday 18 April 2013

My Thoughts on the Way Minecraft Servers Have Changed!

Hi guys!

Mario here with a few quick thoughts on a subject!

So, this is about how Minecraft servers have and haven't changed over the few years the game has been out!

At first, I believe that the top Minecraft servers were the survival ones, where you just survived like in normal Minecraft. Then Factions and PvP elements were added to the Multiplayer servers, and people were griefed, killed and trolled before they could even begin building a house (Minecraft Stories #2 coming soon, folks!).

Then, the first Hunger Games map was made, and everyone loved it. Survival Games and Hunger Games servers began to take over and become more popular on voting websites, and everyone, even a lot to this day, find it a fun mini-game.

Then there were TONS of mini-game servers released: Prison Servers, Paintball Servers, Call of Duty servers, Nazi Zombies servers, Infected servers, CTF Servers, Organized PvP Arena Servers and Mob Arena Servers to name a few. In my opinion, this is the direction a lot of the servers should be taking. Mini-games are fun and a change from the original Survival and Creative Minecraft, despite these still being as awesome as they were. Sure, there are still some survival servers that are awesome, which are (in my opinion) the ones where you have the OPTION to choose PvP or Mobs on. You don't HAVE to have that element, it's there for those who want it (next Server Spotlight includes one of these servers).

I honestly like mini-game servers better than any server. Yes, I do play survival or survival servers every so often, especially the one in the next Server Spotlight now, but the mini-games listed above are almost all of the ones I have on my server list, and a few more. I'm not saying survival servers should just shut down and stop altogther, I'm just suggesting that there should be more of an option to how you play. If you don't wanna play with PvP on, then you shouldn't have to! If you don't want mobs griefing and killing you, you shouldn't be forced to play with that!

I'm currently working on two new mini-games which I would like to see turn into something new, especially the second one. One is called MineMine, and the second one called Craft Tower Defense. If you've never played a Tower Defense before, search for 'BTD5' as this is probably the best one I've found. I want to make something like this into Minecraft, with upgradable turrets, different types of monsters and more! Even if MineMine, the one I'm currently working on alongside Modern Craftfare (these won't go away, these will always be worked on until they are finished) managed to get some attention that would be great as I really want to promote mini-games and show how good they can be if people worked on them!

-Mariobros980
Obsidian Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment